EDIT: Tonight’s event will take place in the main bar of 93 Feet East (on the ground floor).
Manfred Karrer (www.twitter.com/manfred_karrer), the founder of Bitsquare (www.bitsquare.io), the decentralised bitcoin exchange, will visit us for a presentation which wont be a classical product introduction, but will focus on topics which are more in the conceptual and political realm:
– Why is decentralization needed for a privacy protecting Bitcoin
– Fiat exchange which does not require registration (no KYC/AML)
– How to build a decentralized exchange (how to make it secure)
– Which features of Bitcoin make it possible (MultiSig, atomic transaction solves who pays first problem…)
– How Bitsquare protects privacy (P2P network over Tor hidden services)
– Bitsquares DAO model (decentralized ownership)
Whether you’re new to the crypto scene or a veteran, Coinscrum’s Tuesday night social is an opportunity for like minded people to get together, chew the fat over a beer and plan the future of economic interaction. We welcome everyone, whether local to London or travelling through, to our new Members Bar on Brick Lane. Every now and then we’ll also drop in a special guest to kick start conversation from the soap box but we’ll always have a projector connected so anyone is welcome to take the mic and share thoughts or let everyone know about their latest project.